[Sugar-devel] Hosting activities(and its deps) sources(and not only) tarballs

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 20 12:49:23 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 04:04:56PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on Zero Sugar packaging infrastructure and wandering how to
> solve activity tarballs/bundles/etc hoisting issue.
>
> Until now, I kept in mind only rsync access to remote directory (on
> sunjammer by default). But I guess it is overkill to require arbitrary
> activity developer to have ssh access to sunjammer (but it fine for
> core/fructose developers).
>
> There could be, at least, several options:
>
> * OBS (hosted by openSUSE or SL).
>   http://wiki.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service
>   It is full functional packaging environment but mainly targeting to
>   native packages. But at the end, activities could be implicitly turned
>   (using 0sugar) to native packages just by having an analog of existed
>   activity.info file. So, we can have one packaging/code-sharing portal
>   for developers (in comparing with sharing portal for users - ASLO).
>
> * reuse ASLO.
>   It is already used for .xo uploads, but .xo, as primary sharing
>   model, should die at earlier or later. Activity developers will upload
>   sources (manually or via tools like 0sugar) to ASLO via web UI or http
>   api like OBS has (https://api.opensuse.org/apidocs/).

In the system, I'm implementing right now, there is no difference what
particular server will be used to host tarballs (every activity is
identified by http url and the page for this url will contain all
information to get info about sources/home-page/etc). But activity
developer needs a server to host activities anyway.

--
Aleksey