[Sugar-devel] behaviour of F-keys on XO HS

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Jul 19 17:20:06 EDT 2010

i'd like to bring this discussion to a conclusion.

i'm starting to be a fan of this proposal of bert's -- it's very
simple, keeps the keys the same in sugar and in gnome, and on
membrane and non-membrane keyboards, it's backwards compatible
with existing use on XO-1, and the volume/ brightness keys remain
easily discoverable.  it does require that sugar respond to F5
and F6 for "journal" and "frame" -- i still don't have a feeling
for whether that's an issue or not, and if so, how big.

any yeas or nays?

paul