[Sugar-devel] CIA bot disabled

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 17 09:10:01 EDT 2010

El Fri, 16-07-2010 a las 10:52 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:
> have disabled again the CIA bot because it's reporting old commits
> when people merge.

Git does merges on the local clone, so it can't be it.

To avoid polluting the history with spurious merges, people should
rebase their patches on top of the remote branch before pushing them.

sugar-jhbuild already does this on update (git pull --rebase). You can
also do it manually: git rebase origin/master. Add --interactive for
some fun.

> Please only activate it once uninteresting commits are filtered out.

The cia glue script for gitorious could be made a lot smarter, but I
have no time to look into it. Anyone else?

I suspect that many irc floods are caused by activity on clones. Perhaps
we could exclude those.