[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] [DESIGN] Restart

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jul 17 08:39:24 EDT 2010

El Sat, 17-07-2010 a las 02:25 +0200, Sebastian Dziallas escribió:

> I think the last time I looked into this, olpc-switch-desktop depended
> on olpc-dm, which comes with the entire olpc-utils package. Hence,
> we're currently going with gdm. :)

Using gdm with autologin is probably ok, but you don't want to show the
regular GDM login screen before Sugar boots, do you?

We could slightly modify olpc-switch-desktop to create the file that gdm
looks for to choose the session. It could create _both_ files, so the
package could be shared between SoaS and OLPC builds.

Even better, it could do what the standard switchdesk package does:
create a ~/.Xclients and ~/.Xclients-default file, which should work
with any display manager as long as they execute xinit.

If olpc-dm does not execute xinit, it probably should.