[Sugar-devel] Activity Proposal.

Vishal Garg vishalgarg09 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:30:09 EDT 2010

Hello all, this is my first post to the list.

I’m a 20 year old Indian student pursuing my undergrad from Jaypee Institute
of Information Technology University, Noida <http://www.jiit.ac.in/> with
Information Technology as my major. I have been developing applications as
university projects until now and have also have worked as a freelancer.

I have been following open source technologies since almost a year as a
user. Attending various FOSS events was the major highlight of this
incubation period. And now I want to enter the development phase so that I
can start contributing to the open source community as soon as possible.

I have just finished my junior year and as per my college I have to undergo
an internship for gaining experience in my major field.

With this mail, I wish to seek a mentor who would help me with the progress
of the development of a Sugar Activity which I propose to develop -
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/VedicMaths, and  at the deployable stage of the
Activity (after which I would continue to contribute to it) could write me a
letter/certificate confirming my internship.

Being passionate about the Sugar Platform and Human Computer Interaction(the
field in which I wish to purse MS), I see this as an opportunity where I
could devote myself in and enhance my knowledge and develop a deeper insight
into the related areas. I assure you that given a chance I will prove to be
an asset. I am very keen to work on it.

Thanking You.

VISHAL GARG