[Sugar-devel] Activity title update

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jul 11 10:20:53 EDT 2010

El Tue, 06-07-2010 a las 20:20 +1000, James Cameron escribió:
> And, for what it is worth, Sugar 0.84 only connects the focus-out-event,
> it doesn't connect changed.  Also, it avoids a save if the name is
> unchanged.

IIRC, 0.84 was using the changed event too. I patched it myself to use
focus-out-event...

Your patch seems to have the same issue of my fix: if someone changes
the title and presses ctrl-w before 1 second, the title does not update.

Moreover, like in the current code in git, sometimes you get a spurious
save while you're typing, causing your keystroke to be lost and the
cursor to be reset to the beginning of the field.

Tomeu's testcase proved that gtk delivers focus-out-event reliably with
normal buttons. We need to figure out why it doesn't seem to be the case
in toolbars. Maybe we could add a few prints in the callbacks.