[Sugar-devel] WikiBrowse from sugar-emulator (ubuntu 10.04) ?

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Jul 10 14:49:57 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bastien's message of Sat Jul 10 16:11:17 +0000 2010:

> He installed Sugar on Ubuntu 10.04 with sugar-emulator 0.88 then
> tried to install WikipediaEN from these packages :
>
> * http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/enwiki/WikipediaEN-4.xo
> * http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/eswiki/Wikipedia-10.xo
Ubuntu removed python-xpcom for 10.04, so hulahop and anything based on it (Browse, Wikipedia, ...) is broken.
That's the primary reason we don't support Ubuntu 10.04 for sugar-jhbuild.
I recommend to use Debian Squeeze instead for developing Sugar (both core and activities). For me it has been more stable than Ubuntu releases - and if there are show-stopper bugs, they actually get fixed rather than stay the way they are for more than three releases.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/