[Sugar-devel] [Design] Resume/New pie menu menu mockup

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 13:20:21 EDT 2010

Hi Gary

I think this is very interesting. The visual design isn't quite there
yet, but I think that the interaction is a good one to consider. There
is something quite intuitive about maintaining the selected item at
the center.

I think we could try a few alternate visual explorations, such as what
would happen if the second ring wasn't as articulated. For instance,
what about having a gray background overlay covering the entire view,
and removing the gray hairlines around the elements in the pie menu,
but otherwise leaving the information where it is?

I also wonder about showing both text and icon, and whether we should
treat this more as an additional layer on the home UI, with hover
states for each icon in the menu as you would expect from the main
view.

If it's OK, I will try a few variations since I think this does have potential!

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com
917/ 575 0013

http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com