[Sugar-devel] Opportunity: migration from Gconf to GSettings

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 16:36:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Wonder which backend would be most adequate for Sugar, dconf, gkeyfile, ...?

Questions for whomever tackles this migration...

Can we still get/set the values from cli, even when the gnome/sugar
env is not running? IOWs...

 -  can we set config values when building an image (from
olpc-os-builder)? (where sugar/gnome/dbus/etc are not running)...

 - can we read config values from scripts triggered from cron or udev?
(that don't share our envvars)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions