[Sugar-devel] Design Team meeting (was: Re: UI experiments: pop-up menus and hot corners)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu Jul 8 06:49:24 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Gary Martin's message of Thu Jul 08 09:13:23 +0000 2010:

> > It would be great to hold Design Team meetings regularly (bi-weekly or at least monthly). We have already queued up a lot to talk about again.
>
> Do you have specific items we can try to cover on the mail-list first? Real time design meetings are tough to schedule and (in my opinion) are usually better focused on trying to move forward a goal or two.

These are the topics / open issues I've collected from the mailing
list and the bug tracker (see wiki page [1] for links to patches):

- Journal backup UI (Patch from Martin Abente, Patch from Sascha Silbe)
- Alerts (Patch from Anish Mangal) and notifications
- Uncaught exception handler (#2063)
- How to handle start-up delay due to data store migration (#1546)?
- "Your Journal is empty" shown for unreadable storage media (#1810)
- invalid/unknown colors are shown as owner colors (#1750)
- Erasure of downloaded Activity entries in Journal permanently removes
  the code bundle (#1512)
- Drop down menus give no indication of their existence, also are too
  slow to load (#1169, Patch from Michael Stone)

There are also 23 open tickets [2] filed against the design component in
Trac.

Sascha

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Meetings
[2] https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?component=design&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened