[Sugar-devel] Clocks on XOs

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jul 6 13:21:19 EDT 2010

On 6 July 2010 10:10, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Laptops with anti-theft enabled can get the time from the OATS server
> when it's off by more than 24 hours. Unlocked laptops don't have a way
> to synchronize the time at all.
>
> All we need to fix it is a trivial shell script. Why not do it?

I think it's fine that individual deployments can do it. But it
shouldn't be done globally because it weakens the security system.

A globally acceptable solution could be to decrease the safety guard
on the olpc-update-query check so that it corrects the time if it is
(e.g.) more than 1 hour out.

Daniel