[Sugar-devel] Setting Palette delay timing

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sat Jul 3 03:33:39 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm reading http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1169, which talks about the
delay of GTK Palettes/drop down menus. I think this is a worthy bug to
squash, but I'm not really sure where to start. Given that this has been
high/critical priority since 0.86, I'm assuming that it's harder than the
sugar-love status it has been triaged as.

Noting that there probably isn't a global setting, how is the delay &
animation established? If there is a global toggle/setting, let's get on to
increasing the perceived responsiveness of these menus.

-Tim.