[Sugar-devel] Schoolserver icon

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Jul 2 14:20:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Martin Abente
<mabente at paraguayeduca.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:53:59 +0100, Gary Martin
> <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 Jun 2010, at 15:39, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> *I actually got questions about masonic influence on our UI design.*
>>> Not kidding...
>>>
>>> Anyway - there's a nice school at the 1 minute mark in this video -
>>> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ft2t_olpc-mission-video-part-1_tech
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer, yea that works, a little like the top right
> 'with
>> bell' attempt on my last sheet. I worried that one would be seen as too
>> church like.
>>

> I think that one looks really good :) Would you mind sending me the svg
> version?
>
>> Regards,
>> --Gary

>>> --
>>> martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>>> martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>>> - ask interesting questions
>>> - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first
>>> - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

I was fiddling with the icon. I took the device approach. A school
server may not be at a school :-)

Drew XS in some overlapping fashion, and then drew a box on it (the
server). Couldn't see the S anymore, so deleted it. The result is a X
peeking from behind the box. I used Comic Sans to do a rounded X.
Could also be rounded like the XO icon's X. Could also have a line
highlight like the XO icon, I suppose.

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems