[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Problem configuring font panel extension for sugar

Yevlempy(Harsh Verma) yevlempy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:05:37 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yevlempy(Harsh Verma) <yevlempy at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Subject: Problem configuring font panel extension for sugar
To: Sugar-dev <Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>

Hi

I was testing the codes i did for the font panel for sugar, but i
think i have messed up a bit with things. I would like to
present the steps and codes i did for Font Panel, so that i can get a
feedback on where i am going wrong.

----The steps i followed are as follows----

1>Editted sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data/icons .Added text-size icon
from sugar-artwork to sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/data/icons folder and
editted its name to module-  text-size.svg and also editted  Makefile,
Makefile.am and Makefile.in in same folder by adding a line
module-text-size.svg at below module-date_and_time.svg.

2> Added a font folder with _init_.py, Makefile.am, view.py, model.py
which i have uploaded to
sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/extension/cpsection
    after that, going into sugar-jhbuild>source>sugar run ./autogen.sh
and also editted
sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/extensions/cpsection/Makefile.am
     by editting a line  starting with SUBDIRS with fonts and editted
sugar-jhbuild/source/sugar/configure.ac by adding a line below
datetime with font.

 3> After going into the sugar-jhbuild folder did ./sugar-jhbuild
build -a sugar but it showed me an error  http://fpaste.org/3adI/  and
when i went for the
       fifth option it gave me an error  http://fpaste.org/PqfX/ .

  After going through all these steps when i run the sugar interface
(./sugar-jhbuild run) i could not see anything. Kindly provide me a
feedback as were the
  improvements need to be made and were i am going wrong, so that we
can nail it in timeline.

Thanks,
--yev--

--