[Sugar-devel] review queue

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Jan 27 10:19:57 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 03:39:41PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> - revive the cron job that posted weekly reports to the mailing list
> about what is in the queue and for how long has been there,
What about submitting the patches to a mailing list (which is as simple
as invoking "git send-email" for the submitter) for review instead of on
Trac where significant effort is required not only to post but also to
locate and inspect them?

> - put more resources into reviewing:
I've done some reviews in the past (and hope they were considered
useful). With the above change my overhead is reduced and thus I can
review more patches in the future.

Faster reaction to review requests would certainly be appreciated.

What I've also noticed is that the freezes seem to happen "suddenly" -
at some point in time we realize we're going to be in freeze soon and
start having meetings, working on patches and doing reviews again. The
overall code quality would probably improve quite a bit if we'd manage
to "spread" our work more evenly.
I certainly see the point of doing freezes and concentrating on bug
fixes after the release, but maybe next time we can start a bit earlier
with non-bugfix work again?
We've already improved compared to the last time, though - so there is
progress. :)

And to nag about it yet again: With (more) test suites in place at least
some of the bugs in new patches are easily discovered during development
so we get better patches in the first place.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/