[Sugar-devel] review queue

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jan 27 09:39:41 EST 2010

Hi,

three ideas to make the review queue more agile:

- revive the cron job that posted weekly reports to the mailing list
about what is in the queue and for how long has been there,

- put more resources into reviewing: when someone posts her first
patch, unless a lot of effort was put in following the style
guidelines, it will contain several inconsistencies because of the
lack of practice. Pointing out those is very time consuming, but can
be carried away by any contributor that has been around for long
enough. Thus instead of a time-starved maintainer rejecting the patch
with a comment such as "Please read the guidelines and submit it
again", someone could offer to take the time to point some of them to
the newcomer.

- improve the documentation so that patch submitters submit better
patches in the first time, I'm plan to blog in a bit about
class-design resources, but I'm sure much more could be done.

More thoughts?

Thanks,

Tomeu