[Sugar-devel] SOAS 2 problems

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:21:13 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:34 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:07, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think we are looking at a great probortunity here. We have a project

My mind balks at that word, but I agree with this message wholeheartedly.

> If we are able to learn to make successful calls for help, we will be
> able to scale up our capacity significantly. We can like it or not,
> but we depend _a lot_ on volunteers and we need to accept it and
> operate according to that reality.

A good point.  Is there a page on the slwiki to organize calls for
help for various projects?  (it's not always this sort of call for
help -- sometimes there are calls for developers from outside groups
trying to fund activity development as well; or calls for
field-testers by a group of active developers...)

> And Sugar Labs cannot take this job it alone in part because most of
> the general public still thinks that OLPC laptops are running Windows.

We definitely need to remedy this confusion.

SJ