[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Deleting an entry in the Journal while the activity is running

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 25 14:47:03 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 02:58:46PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 01:30:16PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
>
> > The idea I had in mind is "implicit place for implicit save(on every
> > activity deactivation) and explicit place(journal) for explicit
> > save(Stop or Keep buttons in activity)"
> It seems I still don't understand what you mean. Can you please
> elaborate on what exactly you would like to change and what the workflow
> would look like to the user?

I just think that original problem, that Simon mentioned, is not in place
of fixing deletion workflow but in place when new entry will appear
after switching-to-activity-then-back-to-journal. So, idea was just
keeping tmp state of activateed object but not exposing it in journal.

If user deleted journal entry which is active right now, entry will be
just deleted and will appear in journal only after explicit saving in
activity.

All this is related only to current ds implementation and at the end I
agree with Gary and Simon that we can just inactivate delete menu
entry(since what I proposed could not be trivial implemented).

--
Aleksey