[Sugar-devel] Development

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 17:53:08 EST 2010

Hi Francis,

I currently develop activities using sugar-jhbuild running under
Fedora 11, inside a VirtualBox VM on an iMac.  I use Eclipse + PyDev
for the actual coding.

When developing on XO, I use Komodo Edit with the Remote Drive Tree
extension to edit files directly on the XO over ssh.  I also use VIM
for quick edits.

Recommendation: Find a high quality development environment that you
are comfortable and efficient in, and stick with it.  There's nothing
like a poor development environment to kill coding productivity.

-Wade