[Sugar-devel] Sugar Activities and Permission Errors

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Jan 22 14:34:28 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 07:34:30PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Actually it applies *only* to XOs running 0.82. No newer Sugar version
> has Rainbow, the security framework. Not SoaS, and not even the
> XO-1.5, sadly.
This isn't quite correct. While no distribution installs it by default,
the Sugar supports modern versions of Rainbow and Debian even packages
it.
It hasn't been tested much, though - this is one of the areas we could
use some help with.

IOW: Most users running 0.84+ won't have Rainbow (enabled), but we're
working on it, so make sure your activities only write to the places
mentioned in the API documentation.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/