[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Control Panel Font configuration

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:11:36 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2010/1/19 Yevlempy(Harsh Verma) <yevlempy at gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am working on building the font configuring control panel, it will be a
>> pygtk based control panel extension for
>> handling the fonts. I have been working on few mockups for designing the
>> font configuring control panel. There
>> are three different kind of rough mockups i am giving here, with there own
>> features and would like your advice
>> and feedback on which to work upon.
>
> Is there a reason you haven't taken the 2-button approach proposed in
> the Feature page?
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Font_configuration
>
> The font size does not need to be presented to the user.

I agree that the actual font size isn't important. However, I think
the slider is a nicer presentation of the possible range. Perhaps the
slider just has "small" and "large" labels at the ends, and a
"default" label fixed somewhere in the middle. Coupling that with a
real-time resizing label would provide great feedback.

Eben