[Sugar-devel] virtual keyboard

Esteban Arias earias at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Thu Jan 21 08:30:50 EST 2010

Hi,

in uruguay, we developed activity EscribirEspecial to children handicapped (
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/addon/4265).
EscribirEspecial has a system scanning buttons to write and the activity
writes on abiword.

Now, the idea are develop a virtual keyboard for sugar repositories (may be
on last version or next) to write on diferent activities or diferent text
entries of sugar.

We started development virtual keyboard in spanish as an globalkey
extension, with keyboard layout and keyboard type laptop xo.
We use python-xlib to write on diferent text entries of the interface and
gtk.dialog to show the virtualkeyboard.

Someone for the sugar community may be interested continue the development
and adapt to different languages and different keyboard types...

Esteban.