[Sugar-devel] Examples of local-generated content/activities

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jan 20 06:37:09 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 16:17, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At a training session here in Nicaragua, we're interested in
> demonstrating content and activities that have been generated by OLPC
> deployments, to start thinking about what can be done for the project
> here.
>
> What examples do we have?

Uruguay's LATU has done a lot of in-house development. Some of it from
the top of my head are Escribir Especial
(http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4265) and Libraria,
a bundle of books using the Help activity (or was it Browse?) as a
base. Maybe Daniel Castelo and/or Esteban Arias can comment?

At Ceibal 2009 were exposed some games developed by local companies
with funding from the Rayuela Project (so funded by the Ceibal Plan
and IADB), but as far as I know those are proprietary products.

Regards,

Tomeu

> So far I have:
>  - Epaath
>  - Conozco Uruguay
>  - Relatos de Paraguay
>  - Bundles of textbooks that we distributed in Ethiopia
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Farning