[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Why #sugar should be logged - a plug for transparency and ease of use.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jan 13 15:59:52 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:02:20PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> OK, this was the missing part of the puzzle. You're running IRC
> clients on several different computers that don't share the logs in
> any way, so naturally you prefer it to be kept in a central, public
> place (i.e. a web site since IRC doesn't support server-side storage).

For interest, on an OLPC channel several of us have started using
quassel.  This provides logs, backlog while you are absent, and
connections from different computers.  Though I've not yet needed to
verify simultaneous connections.

You do need to place a quassel server in the cloud somewhere.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/