[Sugar-devel] Several chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:09:16 EST 2010

Bert,

That is the kind of feedback I was hoping to get, actually.  I figured
if I make a definite statement like "Every Activity needs at least
some Python" someone who knows better would correct me.  I will make a
more qualified statement in my next revision.

I am hoping that the book will be read by those who have not
programmed (maybe even older children) before so even though I know it
is possible to write an Activity that connects to DBus, etc. I'm not
planning to include examples of that in the book.  In fact, one of my
goals was to get through the whole book without mentioning DBus at
all.  I'd like to leave stuff out of the book if a person could write
an Activity without knowing it.  But I will definitely mention that
there are other ways to make an Activity than the one I'm writing
about.

Thanks again,

James Simmons