[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Fonts-configuration

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Mon Jan 11 12:33:48 EST 2010

With respect to the proposed UI and "low-hanging fruit":

The font-configuring code I use in OurMusic-2 strictly adheres to Daniel's
suggestions.

Basicly, Daniel's suggestion would pick up the proposed UI-set font value
from:
      settings = gtk.settings_get_default()
      font_name = settings.get_property("gtk-font-name")
then manipulate and display individual text instances with:
      font = widget.get_pango_context().get_font_description()
      font.set_size(int(font.get_size() [and whatever])

This presumes that the UI would change the value found with the first set of
two code lines above, and have nothing to do with the second set. However,
this latter set is based on system defaults which *remain unchanged* under
the proposed feature. These defaults are not likely to change for other
reasons either.

Am I correct concerning these defaults, and should code based on the above
continue to work on all XO and SoaS systems?

Art Hunkins