[Sugar-devel] Experimental Trac 0.12 instance

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jan 9 00:35:03 EST 2010

Hello,

I installed Trac 0.12 on sunjammer for evaluation:

  http://bugs-devel.sugarlabs.org/

The main page is generated in 0.8 seconds, about 5 times faster than our
production instance, which exactly matches the difference in CPU speed
between solarsail and sunjammer.

All user accounts and bugs have been migrated, but there's no way to
login. Actually, I couldn't even figure out how to authenticate against
the accounts stored in the db :-)

I'll be happy to grant permissions to anyone who would like to hack on
this test instance.

With relatively little effort, we could migrate Trac 0.11.6 to sunjammer
and get a nice 5x speedup. The downside is that sunjammer is already
overcrowded with services and may become sluggish when school resumes in
latin america.