[Sugar-devel] Removing Log and Terminal from favorites view

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jan 7 08:13:20 EST 2010

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 11:27 +0000, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> I'm ok with that, but I think that the favorites file in the sugar
> tarball should be considered an example, and nothing that packagers
> and deployers should accept as-is.

OK, pushed.
But one thing to be aware of: there is normally a gap between packagers
and deployers, and Sugar could do a better job here.

The problem is that this file is part of the regular Sugar distribution,
which then becomes part of the distro package. At this point, deployers
have to modify the file that is part of the package, which is generally
bad practice (changes lost on upgrade, breaks package manifest checking,
etc).

Daniel