[Sugar-devel] Video Editor for Sugar

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 27 02:41:25 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:42:57PM +0530, Manjot Pahwa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to port a video editor Pitivi, which is open source
> software designed for Linux, to the Sugar environment. I sugarized the
> application and was successful in developing the xo file I was even able to
> install it on Sugar but I cannot see the icon on my Home View of this
> activity.
> I have uploaded the xo package on http://seeta.in/videoeditor/
> Please download it and suggest what could be the possible reasons for it not
> working and subsequent remedial action.

in activity/activity.info file, icon should be w/o suffix

    icon = pitivi

btw I can't start activity, it logs

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
    main.main()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 121, in main
    activity_constructor = getattr(module, class_name)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Pitivi'
1267256353.869480 DEBUG root: _cleanup_temp_files
Activity died: pid 28268 condition 256 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>', mode 'w' at 0x1e72470>)

> Thanking you,
> Regards,
> Manjot Pahwa
> Consultant, Technology and Education
> Software for Education, Entertainment and Training Activities (SEETA)

Aleksey