[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] question about audio and image formats for Memorize activity

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Feb 22 19:50:51 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 08:45:54AM +1100, Kevin Kirton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been preparing audio and image files on an ordinary PC to be used (via
> a USB key etc) in the Memorize activity on an XO. In the XO, the jpeg images
> worked fine, but the Ogg Vorbis audio files that I created in Audacity
> didn't seem to work.
>
> Could you tell me
> (1) what are optimal pixel dimensions (W x H) for an image in Memorize?
> and

There is no optimal sizes (more over, Memorize tile size will depend on
current screen size/tiles count), you can just keep W and H equal
(Memorize will scale image) and keep sizes not too big to minimize
resource usage (e.g. 250x250)

> (2) what is an optimal audio format to use?

ogg should work fine on XO-1, I just saved some ogg files on USB stick
and add them to Memorize-34 on XO-1 and it sounds well

> Best regards,
>
> Kevin Kirton
> Australia

Aleksey