[Sugar-devel] Setting public key - gitorious

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Feb 18 19:34:11 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 06:59:31PM -0500, Art Hunkins wrote:
> I did the "initial commit" with these results (similar to what I got
> before):
>
> [olpc at xo-05-25-69 ~]$ cd Activities/OurMusic.activity
> [olpc at xo-05-25-69 OurMusic.activity]$ git remote add origin
> gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:our-music/mainline.git
> [olpc at xo-05-25-69 OurMusic.activity]$ git push origin master
> error: src refspec master does not match any.
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:our-music/mainline.git'
>
> Is the problem perhaps that this is not an "initial commit"?

yeah, I missed your "git init" command, most likely "src refspec master
does not match any" says that you don't have any commits in your local
repo.

And since there is already commits in remore repo, you need to

    git pull gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:<your-slug-here>/mainline.git

to create new local repo, then copy&paste all files you changed since
last remote commit and follow regular git worklows
(`git (add|commit|push)`)

btw, git will be much cleaner if you undestand how it works under the
hood, http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~cduan/technical/git

--
Aleksey