[Sugar-devel] state of feature patches

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Feb 16 09:16:44 EST 2010

Hi,

in the review queue we currently have the following patches that
provide enhancements, as opposed to fixing bugs:

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1458 - Write - export as PDF

This one liner should go in, brings good functionality with little risk.

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1592 - enhanced color selector

Patch affects only the color selector, it's not big, but couldn't try
it because have not been able to find the corresponding patch for
sugar-toolkit. How bad do we want this in 0.88.0?

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1659 - replace Xephyr with VNC

I think Sascha has made that the server is killed when the viewer is
closed, but the patch in trac doesn't seem to have been updated. I
think this is more of an invasive bugfix than a feature or
enhancement.

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1680 - sugar-base: add sugar.dispatch.DbusSignal
http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1681 - use sugar.dispatch.DbusSignal
in sugar.datastore.datastore

I'm not sure why we need this.

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1630 - Support for mobile broadband
provider database

Not too invasive, should affect only to the 3G feature. Patch not too
big, I don't know how much needed is this in the field.

Comments, corrections, etc?

Thanks,

Tomeu