[Sugar-devel] sugar-launch, with brief activity name

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Feb 15 19:57:55 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 05:03:36PM +0000, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Sure, I think this is a bug and the older behavior was correct. Do we
> have a patch already?

I've no patch yet.  I've looked into what would be required.  There are
two possibilities:

1.  change to shell service D-Bus API GetBundlePath to have it do a
second search if a search by bundle id fails, so that it can be used to
obtain a bundle path by case blind substring of bundle id, also failing
if it encountered more than one match,

2.  directly call the bundleregistry from sugar-launch using
get_registry, which would look easy but would load all the activity
metadata into the sugar-launch process and then discard the result of
that effort.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/