[Sugar-devel] Automatically Retrying an AP?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:56:00 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> I don't have an assorted array of APs to test with, but will give the
> patch a look once I have dealt with the last feature patches for 0.88.
> Sorry for not giving better feedback earlier.

NP. Great if you can give it a check.

All that code has been reworked in 0.84 and later, and the workaround
is no longer needed in the F11 builds anyway, so it's a short-lived
patch. Uy team has confirmed it solves the issue on their setup, and
so I am happy.

What it did uncover (for me anyway) is that 0.84 and possibly later
Sugars have several issues talking with NM in the "Sugar is a
configuration server for NM" interaction. Looks like Sugar still
cannot convince NM to take the new passphrase, and that
enabling/disabling encryption breaks things.

See http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9977 and http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1674

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions