[Sugar-devel] Activity & SoaS Licensing Concerns

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed Feb 10 17:49:13 EST 2010

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've lately taken the task of packaging more activities to get us a
> reasonably user experience for the next iteration of SoaS. The normal
> review process requires an application to be properly and clearly
> licensed. I'd like to encourage activity authors to work on getting
> these clarifications, if needed, committed into GIT.
>
> For example, if your activity doesn't contain a license file that states
> unambiguously the licenses of the *whole* activity and all of its
> bundled libraries, a kind of per-file licensing would be good, as some
> files would be otherwise without a license specification.
>
> I'm not trying to make things up here, but am rather just realistic, as
> such things are simply blockers. I'll try to follow up with people...

Actually, another topic is the SoaS boot screen. Since we need to get
that packaged in Fedora in time (meaning basically as soon as possible),
we need to have a public location where we host a tarball or a GIT repo
of the boot screen picture files, together with licensing information.

Can I just move ahead and put them in git.sl.o?