[Sugar-devel] Automatically Retrying an AP?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:29:21 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9936 -- and be prepared to get into the

In case someone needs to understand this setup, the "control logic" is mainly in

  nminfo.py
  nmclient.py
  MeshBox.py

The whole thing is a mesh of callbacks. Lots of objects around the
Sugar desktop subscribe directly to NM events. Coordination and
decisionmaking is moderately centralised in those 3 files above.

So I have a candidate patch, attached to #9936 - seems to work well,
but I'd need failing APs to test it fully. Been testing it with wrong
passphrases ;-)

The only AP I have handy right now (Airport Express) does not show the
bug with 802B1. It does hit the dhclient/dbus timing issue on 802
pretty often, and it completely fails with 767. But with 802B1, it
connects very solidly.

... knowing where to hack is 99.9% of the battle, as usual... once I
found nminfo.py...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions