[Sugar-devel] Missing libxklavier-dev dependency on Karmic

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Feb 4 20:24:27 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 23:19 +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Can you be a bit more specific, please? The following options come to my
> mind:
> a) libxklavier-dev isn't installed because you forgot to install
> everything depscheck complained about
> b) libxklavier-dev isn't installed because depscheck didn't complain
> about it (please post output of "lsb_release -irs")
> c) libxklavier-dev is installed, but python-xklavier doesn't like it.

Me bad. I just forgot that jhbuild doesn't automatically check for
dependencies on every run... as opposed to the configure script.

Tomorrow I'll try uninstalling libxklavier-dev and run depscheck to
ensure it properly complains. It almost certainly will.

BTW, we've also got hit by the missing --enable-maintainer-mode in one
of the sugar modules, for which I had posted a patch some time ago. I'll
search for the bug in trac and ping it.