[Sugar-devel] Automatically Retrying an AP?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Feb 4 09:49:30 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a bug on 802/8.2.1 where in some cases (specific combination
> of WPA2 with certain AP chipsets) we fail to associate on the very
> first attempt, and then subsequent attempts succeed.
>
> I am wondering if a workaround is possible here -- to patch the
> Sugar/Neighbourhood view code that drives NM so that for certain cases
> it automatically retries once before giving up.

I've got a similar bug I'm working on @ litl, with a similar workaround.

I think I convinced myself that network manager was the right place to
make the patch, because you want to reuse NM's list/order of
previously-connected APs to try.  If you look at it, NM has code to do
the connection attempts at intervals -- but it also has code to
*prevent* retries to any connection that has failed once.  I think the
right fix is to tweak that so that it still retries those connections,
but at a slightly longer time interval.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )