[Sugar-devel] Automatically Retrying an AP?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:04:52 EST 2010

Hi list!

We have a bug on 802/8.2.1 where in some cases (specific combination
of WPA2 with certain AP chipsets) we fail to associate on the very
first attempt, and then subsequent attempts succeed.

I am wondering if a workaround is possible here -- to patch the
Sugar/Neighbourhood view code that drives NM so that for certain cases
it automatically retries once before giving up.

Is it possible? Where should I look?

More about the bug:  Under the right conditions, this repros 100%: it
always fails the first attempt, always succeeds the second time.
Anyone interested in the root cause should get into
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9936 -- and be prepared to get into the
firmware/supplicant/kernel interactions. The bug seems to be fixed on
F11 images.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com