[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Status

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Feb 3 16:55:41 EST 2010

On 02/03/2010 09:15 PM, Walter Bender wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today is Feature Freeze [1]! Here is a status on the pending features [2]:
>>
>> *** 3G Support
>> The 3G Feature has been landed. Some improvements for this Feature are
>> pending.
>>
>> *** Enhanced color selector
>> The enhanced color selector has seen some design iterations over the
>> last two weeks. A decision needs to be made which design is picked and
>> the code needs to be reviewed. We have to work together closely now to
>> land this.
>>
>> *** Write to journal anytime
>> No patch has been made to try the behavior to display the Journal when
>> closing for the first time. This looks rather unlikely to land.
>
> I have a simple patch that enables the naming alert to be activated
> from the toolbar at anytime and not automatically activated on stop.
> Would such a patch be considered for 0.88 and we can revisit for 0.90?
> (Note that this is a feature that originated in the field.)
>
> -walter

I agree, this is as an important issue to solve. What about having a
button going to the Journal detail view of the entry? This is the
logical place to make such additions.

Or how do you like the idea to have an option in the activity toolbar
for the description [1]? And adding later one for the tags, too?

Regards,
    Simon

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Description.png