[Sugar-devel] How to start the Browse activity from my own activity?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Feb 1 17:30:40 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 02:23:46PM -0800, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 01.02.2010, at 14:20, James Cameron wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 01:41:26PM -0800, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >> It includes a copy of browse, doesn't it?
> >
> > It imports.
> >
> > In /home/olpc/Activities/Wikipedia.activity/activity.py:
> >
> > sys.path.append("/home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity")
> > import webactivity
>
> So it works only on the XO ... interesting.

Yes, that was curious.  Has nobody noticed it not working on SoaS or
anything else?

> In any case it does *not* start Browse as a separate activity.

Correct, it starts Browse within the Wikipedia activity, using the
Browse activity source ... but a user would not be able to tell the
difference easily.

I've just tested; one can open Wikipedia activity, type google.com into
the location text field, and then start a Browse activity from the
activity ring ... result, two active web browsers.  A feature!  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/