[Sugar-devel] How to start the Browse activity from my own activity?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Feb 1 15:43:23 EST 2010

On 01.02.2010, at 11:58, Behavior Vehikel wrote:

> How to start the Browse activity from my own activity?
>
> My Kandid activity can dump internal states as a HTML files. For
> example this information is written to
> ~/.sugar/default/net.sourceforge.kandid/tmp/_znuaxz_169/index.html
>
> Now I am searching for a possibility to launch the Brows activity
> displaying this HTML file.

Activities are not allowed to directly start another activity. The only supported way is putting that HTML file into Journal and switching there:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Low-level_Activity_API#Focusing_Objects

I still wish there was something more convenient to the user, but so far I think there were no ideas that would fit into the security model.

- Bert -