[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Status

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Feb 1 13:08:29 EST 2010

Hi,

today is Feature Freeze [1]! Here is a status on the pending features [2]:

*** 3G Support
The 3G Feature has been landed. Some improvements for this Feature are
pending.

*** Enhanced color selector
The enhanced color selector has seen some design iterations over the
last two weeks. A decision needs to be made which design is picked and
the code needs to be reviewed. We have to work together closely now to
land this.

*** Write to journal anytime
No patch has been made to try the behavior to display the Journal when
closing for the first time. This looks rather unlikely to land.

*** Font configuration
We have a design, but no patch for the Control Panel section, yet.

*** Thumbs View in Journal
We have some code. It has to be reviewed intensely though as it is quite
a big refactoring and is based on a new widget (shell scope). Would be
nice to land it though.

*** Activity version
No patch yet. There was agreement on the format though. Unlikely to make it.

We will not delay the Feature Freeze and stick to the schedule. If your
Feature did not land yet, you can ask for an exception [3]. To request
an exception send mail to sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org, referencing
the patches (ticket) you would like to land. It will have to be granted
by two members of the release team (Tomeu and Simon), on the base of
community feedback.

We will delay the tarballs due to be able to focus on reviews.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.88/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.88/Feature_List