[Sugar-devel] Colors! Activity status

chm devel.chm.01 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 14:45:02 EST 2010

On 12/23/2010 9:57 PM, chm wrote:
> On 12/23/2010 6:41 PM, Wade Brainerd wrote:
>  > On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:11 PM, chm wrote:
>  >
>  > Great. I have an idea, how about we apply for a OLPC
>  > developers program project with "get Wacom tablets
>  > and Colors! working on XO 1.5"? I have a number of
>  > activities I haven't checked on XO 1.5 yet and you've
>  > been really helpful in testing so far, so I bet OLPC
>  > will be willing to send us a couple.

How do we start the process to join the OLPC
developers program?  Here is a list of Colors!
features I would like to see working on XO-1
and XO-1.5 platforms:

(1) wacom tablet support and investigate support
     for other tablet brands

(2) working videopaint mode os 10.1.3+

(3) improved collaboration support such as

     (a) fix color change problem
     (b) performance improvements to
         support larger common drawings
         (think class solar system project
          where each student could work on
          a separate planet/moon/...)
     (c) save as image
     (d) save as drw-ing
     (e) save as movie

BTW, I just got a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch for
$100 and it works with the linuxwacom driver for
later versions (not the one I sent you).

Once 10.1.3 is released, I plan to to a clean
build of the linuxwacom driver for a formal
release of Colors! to support it.  This will
include what is needed to install in the base
release to build/develop Colors! or wacome
related software.

I have two nieces with XO-1 and wacom tablets
so user feedback from that is already coming.
For me to test, I would need 2 XO-1.5's so that
the XO-1.5 to XO-1.5 collaboration could be
evaluated.

Do you have an XO-1.5 already?  What do you
think you would need as far as laptop hardware
support?

Cheers,
Chris