[Sugar-devel] ArchLinux packages for Sugar

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Mon Dec 13 12:15:25 EST 2010

Hi Bastien,

> I had an "invalid syntax" error (line 26 in sugar-session).  I have both
> python 2.7 and 3.1 on my machine.  I s/python/python2 in the first line
> of sugar-session to get rid of this error, but I run in another one: no
> module hippo found (I first thought it was related to hippo-canvas so
> installed this but I guess I'm wrong here.)
The invalid syntax error as to do with the switch to Python3 by default.
Apparently, the lines what were supposed to force the use of python2 in
the packaging are not working.
Don't worry I'll fix that ;-)

I think hippo is not found because it gets installed into the packages
for python3... I'll check that as well.

> Is there more logs I can give you?  Any step-by-step install of Sugar on
> ArchLinux somewhere?
There should not be more logs needed for the moment and for the
step-by-step install instructions, there is the wiki page Cilyan
created: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sugar

> I would *really* run Sugar natively on ArchLinux, that'd be awesome.
I think so too :)

Christophe