[Sugar-devel] Bug tracking Vs Patch review

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Tue Aug 31 10:02:30 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Tue Aug 31 13:28:23 +0200 2010:

> a) The review tools are interchangeable, whether we on the mailing list
> or in trac does not make the core issues go away:
>
> - it is work
> - takes time
> - and it takes certain discipline.

To me it makes a whole lot of difference. Doing reviews in Trac takes
me more than twice the time compared to doing reviews on the mailing
list, both as a contributor and as a reviewer. Some other people have
expressed it's similar for them. So far nobody has claimed it's the
other way round for them.

And yes, there are quite a few other things we need to discuss and
fix. But the review process taking a lot of time on both sides is
a) one of the things we need to fix
b) affecting the other things (time I spend on the complicated
   review process is time I can't spend on other things) and
c) easy enough to fix, so a good starting point.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/