[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Remove Presence Service --- cleanup for release

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Aug 30 02:19:45 EDT 2010

Hi Tomeu,

your Feature [1] has found it's way into the 0.90 release, thank you for
getting this far! This is just great!

The following items need to be done until the release at the end of the
month (ordered by priority):

* Instructions for testing (URGENT): As this Feature touches one of the
key features of Sugar (Collaboration) we should make sure to not
introduce any regressions. I know that testing sharing has many cases
but we should at least get a list what areas need testing and can refine
then from there.

* Bug fixing: As you stated in your proposal you will be around for
fixing bugs introduced by your code. This is great.

* Testing: As we do not have a very wide community of testers (yet) I
would like to ask you to help in the testing efforts.

* Release Notes: If you could add a few lines in the Feature page how
you would best describe your Feature to a possibly non technical
audience would be great.

In behalf of the sugar community,
     Your Release Team

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Remove_Presence_Service