[Sugar-devel] "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" is on Lulu

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 16:13:51 EDT 2010

Christoph,

Normally books on Lulu are proofed by the author before being sold.
For some reason the book was put on the store right away.  When I got
my own copy I found that the type was too small to read, and the font
for the code samples was even worse.  We therefore temporarily removed
it from the store until I could prepare a new PDF with larger fonts.
This is more work than you might think because I have to wrap the
lines of all the code samples to make them fit on the page with a 12
point Courier font, and there were other issues too.

I've been working steadily on fixing the code samples and fooling
around with stylesheet options to make the next version of the book
worth having.  I have also gotten a talented artist to design a new
cover illustration.  When the end result of all this is finished the
book will be available again.  Just be happy you didn't get one like I
got!

Thanks for your patience.

James Simmons