[Sugar-devel] New Telepathy dependencies (was: Re: recent jhbuild breakage)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Sat Aug 28 05:30:13 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Wed Aug 25 12:33:35 +0200 2010:

[New Telepathy dependencies]
> > Attached to http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2228 can be found a patch
> > that adds these dependencies to jhbuild, any testing and commentaries
> > will be appreciated.
> Great, does work fine for me! To me it sounds great to include those
> deps for the moment as they are not in major distros yet.

Actually I was rather glad to be (almost) rid of Telepathy in
sugar-jhbuild. What are the minimum versions

a) Sugar 0.90 needs
b) you would recommend using?

Debian [1], Fedora 12+, Ubuntu Karmic+ [2] all contain
telepathy-mission-control 5.3.1+. I'd rather drop Fedora 11 (already EOL)
and Ubuntu Jaunty (EOL in about a month [3]) than build Telepathy from
source.

Sascha

[1] http://packages.debian.org/telepathy-mission-control-5
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/telepathy-mission-control-5