[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] meeting minutes

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:32:26 EDT 2010

The Sugar oversight board (SLOBs) returned from its northern
hemisphere summer recess  to meet today. We discussed two topics: how
to ensure that we have sufficient numbers and quality of maintainers
for Sugar and the upcoming elections.

Regarding the election, we will be holding it in October (tentatively
from Oct 3 to Oct 16) in order to fill three board positions that have
terms expiring: cjb, seandaly, and canoeberry.

In the run up to the election, we need to:

   1. update our membership list (lfaraone has agreed to do this);
   2. solicit candidates;
   3. prepare the ballot; and
   4. run the election.

If you are not officially a member of Sugar Labs and would like to
vote in the upcoming election, please contact Luke before October 3.
(The current membership list is in the wiki at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members/List).

If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please prepare a
position statement on your "User" page in the wiki and please contact
me so that I can include your name on the ballot.

If you want to help out with the election details or have suggestions
or feedback, please contact me as well.

You can read the discussion details in the log:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Log-2010-08-24

---

One topic only touched upon briefly was the need for a Sugar Camp. We
have two offers of venues: Bolzano the week of November 6 and Miami
during a time to be determined. If you would be interested in
attending a Sugar camp sometime in the November/early December time
frame, please contact me and also, if you have a preference of venue,
please voice it.

---

Our next meeting will be on 7 September 2010 at 15UTC in
#sugar-meeting on irc.freenode.net

Thanks.

-walter
--